How Much Does A Five Year Indian Visa Cost?
An Indian Visa is a document that gives a foreigner the legal permission to enter, remain and leave the country within a specific period. There are several kinds of visa to cater to different needs.
Who can apply for an Indian Visa?
Any foreign national who has a valid international travel document, also known as the passport of the country whose citizenship he or she holds. Currently, the Indian government offers visa on arrival to the nationals of Japan, South Korean and UAE (the UAE national must have the e-visa they had applied for earlier) at selected airports.
The travellers must have the scanned copy of the first and last pages of their passports. They must also have a scanned passport size photograph with white background in the JPEG format.
How Many Different kinds of Visa?
1. Tourist Visa: India receives people from different parts of the world cause of its rich heritage and varied history. Therefore, a tourist visa is the most popular visa among foreigners. It is granted for six months. However, the visa can be granted for more than six months as well if some need arises. However, Indian government tweaked the rules in 2009 to prevent the misuse of this visa. A foreigner must keep at least a gap of 2 months between his or her visits to India. This rule was removed in 2012 but some exceptions still exist.
2. Entry(X) Visa: This visa is meant for those people who want to visit India but not under any specific category meant for a visa applicant. For example- the volunteers who sign up for specific organisations. However, not everyone can apply for this visa. The categories have been mentioned below.
- A foreigner whose roots can be traced back to India. A person whose spouse is an Indian.
- The foreigner?s spouse and kids are visiting the country on a long term visa such as Employment visa.
3. Employment Visa: This is for those who want to work in this country for an organization that is registered here. Earlier, the foreigners who worked as volunteers worked on X-visas but now they are granted employment visas. According to the law, the applicant must have a job that falls under the twenty-five thousand dollars per annum category. In 2017, it was reduced so that foreigners can work in high educational institutions. To avail this visa, the applicant must provide proof of employment, such as a terms and conditions contract. Some of the exceptions in this visa are English teachers, diplomats, translators, volunteers and ethnic chefs.
4. Intern Visa: This is a new category introduced by the Indian government for those who take up an internship at some Indian organization. However, the applicant must not have a gap of more than one year between the graduation or post-graduation and the beginning of the internship. The visa is valid for one year or till the end of the internship.
5. Business Visa: India is a hotbed of opportunities for investors across the world thanks to the premier institutes in the country who are providing well-trained youth. Over the years, start-ups have sprung across the country and have investors flocking to India. The business visa is for those who want to explore business opportunities in India. The holder of this visa cannot work for any company and should not earn anything from an India-based company.
The applicant must provide a letter from the business or the organization they are planning to partner with and set up the business. They must also flourish some details such as the duration of the stay, the kind of business they are investing in, the places they will visit during the stay and how they will meet the expenses. The business visa can remain valid up to five years with the help of multiple entries. However, the person who holds this visa cannot stay in India for more than six months at a stretch.
6. Student Visa: India boasts of institutes that offer premier education at affordable prices that attract students from different countries such as members of SAARC, Indonesia, neighbouring countries of Afghanistan, Sri Lanka etc. Some of the popular courses are Yoga, Vedic culture, Indian music and dance, engineering, medicine etc. The student must provide admission or registration documents to get this visa. The visa remains valid for a period of up to five years or till the duration of the course.
How much time does it take to process an Indian e-visa?
The applicants who are applying for a normal e-visa will get it three to five business days whereas the applicants who are opting for an emergency visa will get it within one to three business days.
How much does a 5-year Indian Visa cost?
The cost will vary from visa to visa. A tourist visa can now be extended up to ten years. The cost of a five-year tourist Indian e-visa is eighty dollars during the off-season. A ten-year visa during the season time for India will cost the applicant one and seventy-three dollars. A five- year visa during the tourist season will cost a US citizen $173. On the other hand, the employment visa will cost the applicant a hundred and twenty dollars for a visa that is valid for up to five years. The cost will increase as the duration increases.
What is the cost of other types of Indian E Visa?
The cost depends on the type, validity of the visa, and nationality. The citizens of Nepal and Bhutan can stay and work in India without a visa.
However, the current pandemic has hit the tourism industry hard and therefore, to attract travellers from across the world, the Indian government revised the rates of tourist visa. One month e-tourist visa will cost ten dollars and one-year e-tourist visa will cost 40 dollars. However, this fee is applicable only on the off-season time which is April to June, a time when the country receives the least number of tourists. This fee is applicable for the tourists who belong to countries such as USA, UK, Ukraine, Russia, Mozambique, Sri Lanka, Singapore and Japan. The idea is to increase the annual footfall once this pandemic over for good. This initiative is part of the prime minister?s strive to double the number of tourists in the next five years.
The Indian E Visa is valid for 365 days from the date of grant and allows multiple entries. However, each time the tourist enters the country, he or she cannot stay for more than one hundred and eighty days unless and until the travellers bear the passport of USA, UK, Canada and Japan. It is hoped that this revision will bring in the much-needed revenue post-pandemic so that the sluggish economy gets the financial boost.
Indian E Visa for Medical and Business purposes:
The cost will vary from nationality to nationality. The fee for the citizens for Argentina, Cook Islands, Jamaica, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Tuvalu, Uruguay and Vanuatu is free. For the citizens of Japan, Sri Lanka and Singapore, the fee is twenty-five dollars. For the citizens of Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam is eighty dollars. For the citizens for the USA, the United Kingdom, Mozambique and Ukraine, the fee is hundred dollars.
The applicant is required to pay a hundred dollars and submit a letter to the company that is sponsoring the internship.
Entry (X) Visa
The applicant will have to shell out a hundred dollars or more, depending on the validity of the visa. The applicant must provide proof of accommodation through lease or hotel reservation.
The applicant must also pay 2.5% of the fee as the bank charges.
What is the best way to apply for the India visa?
Several portals claim to help with the Indian E visa or advertise themselves as eVisa Mart. It is suggested to stay away from these portals and opt for the centralised system launched by the Indian government. The transparent process will ensure that the traveller is not duped.
Q. What is E Visa India?
Ans. E-Visa India is an electronic travel authorisation that permits citizens of 180 countries to visit India. It does not require the physical stamping on the passport. ?
Q. For what purposes can a foreigner use an E-Visa facility?
Ans. The electronic visa allows a foreigner to visit India for tourism, recreation, short-term courses, business, medical needs and conferences. They need to have a visa before they enter the country's borders. ?/p>
Q. What are the application requirements for E-Visa?
Ans. The applicant must have a valid passport for six months from the date of entry, a valid email address and credit or debit cards. They must apply at least 7 days before the date of arrival. They must also have enough money to spend during their stay in the country and for the return journey.
Q. What if one makes a mistake on the E-Visa application?
Ans. If such an event happens, then the applicant must for the same again. The old one will be cancelled automatically.
Q. How can one apply for the Indian E visa?
Ans. Go to the section named E-Visa application on the official website run by the Indian government.