How Citizens of United States Can Enter India During Coronavirus Pandemic?
India is a tourist attraction for many foreigners. There is so much to explore starting from cultural heritage to historical monuments, sea beaches to mountains, and so on. However, this coronavirus pandemic has made traveling within the country a little tough. The government of India has established rules for moving around within and outstation.
Foreigners willing to travel to India had to face a setback. But the situation is getting better day by day and looks promising. India is a major attraction to many and just one flight away from the United States. India started its international flights in August. But proper precautionary measures need to be maintained. Since the United States and India are among the worst affected countries, it will take more effort from the citizens of the United States to visit India.
Travelers arriving in India from the USA must possess a self-declaration form. This must be filled accurately. And it should be produced as and when required. Moreover, the form contains the guidelines about movement in India. Being a citizen of the United States of America, you may need to know about the process in detail. This is so because you need to adhere to the terms and conditions.
According to the Vande Bharat mission, OCI holders can also visit India to avail of medical, business, and employment purposes. However, they also need to request for self-declaration form before entering India. So, what is this self-declaration form, and how to fill it?
What is Self-declaration form to enter India?
You must fill the self-declaration form and carry it with you. The form must contain your basic information such as your name, DOB, residential address, the purpose of the trip, contact details, itinerary of the trip, and medical history. The medical history is the most important because your entry to India depends on it. The form must have the basic information about your health. This form has been devised to safeguard the health of Indian people as well as citizens of the United States.
During this coronavirus pandemic, very few countries are allowed to visit India. And the United States is one of them but international travelers must adhere to the safety norms. These norms are well-written and explained in the self-declaration form. According to the Indian authorities, you must fill the form completely and accurately. Moreover, you must apply or request the self-declaration form while applying for a visa. Once you have received the form, fill it and submit with the visa application. If you have not submitted the form, you must submit the filled-out form 72 hours before the scheduled trip to India.
Failing to meet this requirement may lead to no entry to India. The immigration office will hold every right to turn down your visa. Make sure that when you have submitted the form online you also have a hard or soft copy with you during your travel. You may be asked to produce a copy of the form at the entry points. This ensures the authorities that you accept the health safety protocol and pledge to follow the norms. This includes following the health guidelines including quarantine.
What Documents you must carry?
Make a note of the following important documents. You must carry a photocopy of the same and should be able to produce as and when necessary.
- Original passport with a photocopy. You should also check the validity of your passport. The passport must have at least a validity of one year. If your passport's expiry date is near, avoid traveling unless you have applied for a new passport and you have the processing document.
- A valid email address and contact number to be used in India. You can update the contact details later as well.
- Self-declaration form with your past medical check-ups, health information, and doctor's recommendation/NOC certificate.
- Your trip information and itinerary stating hotel and flight bookings. The duration of stay should be specified.
- Scanned copy of your bank statement attested by your bank authority.
- Your recent self-attested passport size photograph.
- Receipt of a visa application payment
So, now you have finished keeping the documents ready. You can stack them together so that you can produce them. Keeping the documents together will help you avoid mishaps and save time.
Do you need quarantine upon arrival?
Yes, everybody visiting India from a different country must undergo quarantine for 14 days. It is mandatory for international visitors. However, the government of India will assign the institution. The expenses of the first 7 days will be borne by the government. After that, you need to bear the expenses for the rest of the period.
However, you can get relaxations if you have a similar scenario as follows:
- Pregnant women can request for 14-day quarantine at home.
- Having children under 10 years old can provide you with relaxation.
- The institutional quarantine will be relaxed if you have a critical illness.
- You can request for home quarantine for death in the family.
- You have taken the corona test and the result came negative. However, the result will be valid if you have taken the test 96 hours before the journey date. You also must attach proof showing the trustworthiness of the test.
What to expect upon arrival?
As you step down to the arrival section of the Indian airport, you have to follow certain health protocols. This will include normal check-up and thermal screening. The Indian authorities will guide you on the guidelines. In the immigration area, you must also show the documents along with your passport and visa. You will also need to show the self-declaration form. After the completion of the check-up, the government officials will assign you an institution.
You have to spend at least 14 days there. 14 days quarantine is mandatory so that they can check for any corona symptoms. After the quarantine, you can roam around in the country but maintain the health safety guidelines. You can find that in the self-declaration form as well. For more information, you can visit us and we will support you in understanding the process.