What are the various types of Visas?
Whenever any citizen travels to a foreign country, he or she needs a Visa depending upon the purpose of visiting. Without having a valid visa, Entry to another country is not possible so mentioned are the various types of visa:-
1. Employment Type: This is the visa that is used by skilled individuals who wish to seek employment in the country. The maximum duration of the visa period given is five years but can get extended according to the situation.
2. Business Visa: This visa is used for visiting India for a business visit. The maximum duration of the visa period given is five years but can get extended according to the situation.
3. Tourist Visa: As the name suggests, this visa is used for tourism. The maximum duration of the visa period is 30 days, and it is not extendable.
4. Project Visa: This visa is used for the execution of the projects in the sectors, Power and steel. The duration of the visa is generally one year or the actual time, depending on the completion of the project.
5. Medical Visa: This is the visa that is used for seeking any medical treatment in India at some of the significant hospitals. The duration of the visa is one year, but it can get extended depending on the condition of the individual.
6. "X"/ Entry Visa: This is the visa used to accompany the families of foreign citizens. The maximum duration of the visa period given is five years but can get extended according to the situation.
7. Conference Visa: The name is self-explanatory, as this visa is used to attend international seminars or conferences held by the government, NGO's or PSU's. The visa is given depending on the duration of the conference.
8. Research Visa: This is the visa given to individuals who want to carry forward their research in some field. The maximum duration of the visa period given is five years but can get extended according to the situation.
9. Transit Visa: This is the visa given to the passengers who are traveling through India. The visa is only given for 15 days and is not extendable.
Tourist Visa is much popular Visa which is in huge demand. After that, medical and Business Visas are used depending upon the health and business requirement. What type of visa is required by you, only a Visa Consultant can assist you.
Process of Applying for the Visa Application
Here is the simple process that is required to apply for any type of visa.
1. Identification of the visa type: The first step is to identify the travel purpose and the category of the visa. Make sure to check the pre-conditions for the visa. The passport should have two blank pages at least and validity for six months.
2. Fill the application form: Fill in the form with the required details and upload the photo and the pages of the passport pages. If necessary, pay the fees and schedule an appointment.
3. Submit the Application: Sign and print the application form. Courier the application form to the concerned Indian mission and IVAC. Make sure to attach the receipt of the visa fee.
4. Processing of the visa: If the situation calls for it, you will be required to visit the Indian consulate for an interview. You may be asked for some additional information from the embassy.
5. Visa, Granted or rejected: In case you are granted the visa, then you collect that in-person or via courier.