Tips For Getting An Indian Evisa
Sometimes the process of Applying for an Indian e-Visa may look complicated, and people often have some sorts of difficulties in issuing one. The complications arise mostly due to some technical problems over the server.
Here are a few tips that will help you to get past some of the common issues while visa application:
- Before applying for an Indian e-Visa, go through the rules and requirements posted on the official website carefully, missing out any requirement may lead to problems during submission. Do check the requirements for uploading passport and photo, maintain the given standards to avoid any documentation error.
- Make sure that you have adequate time for filling up the application form online before you planned a trip. Any latency in filling up the form might result in a delay.
- Try to pay through the SBI E-Pay button only, and choose PayPal as the preferred mode of transaction for a safe and smooth transaction, other options may falter.
- Don’t delay during the filling up of the online application, complete it in one sitting only, and do write the application ID to track the status of your visa remotely from anywhere.
- Do not panic if any information goes wrong or the payment doesn’t show up in the final application. Visit the ‘Visa Enquiry’ and submit your query, your issue will be solved as quickly as possible. For payment issues, do check with your bank for payment details, or else, pay the amount again.
Q. How long are you allowed to stay in India via Indian e-Visa?
Ans. According to the official sources, people from countries other than United States, UK, Japan, and Canada are allowed to stay in India for 90 days on an e-tourist visa, whereas the other countries are allowed to stay for 180 days on a tourist e-visa. People from all countries on a business purpose are allowed to stay in India for 180 days if they apply for a business e-Visa.
Q. How long is an Indian e-Visa valid for?
Ans. The Indian tourist e-visa is permitted for one month, one year to five years, depending upon the individual who applies for one. The validity ranges from 30 days to 365 days to 5 years from the date of arrival. The number of entries permitted for one month is two times, and multiple times for the other alternatives. Any kind of business-related Indian e-visa has a validity of 365 days from the date of arrival. This includes multiple entries as well.
Q. How many entry points in India accept e-Visa?
Ans. There are approximately twenty-eight international airports in India that accept Indian e-Visa. Some of these are located in Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Chandigarh, Kochi, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirappalli, Varanasi, Vishakhapatnam and so on. Apart from the above-given airports, some seaports accept Indian e-Visa. These are situated in Kochi, Mangalore, Chennai, Goa, and Mumbai. For medical tourists, there are separate immigration desks set up in various sites across the country which accepts Indian e-Visa for medical tourists. These sites are located in Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, and Hyderabad.